Upper Description

I'm a woodworker and a leather artist/crafter. Photography and astronomy are my passions.

I'm descended from the Shawnee Chief Cornstalk who was killed in 1777.

I am also of Scots-Irish descent and VERY proud of my heritage and my culture. I do not apologize for my culture, nor am I "politically correct", and do not tolerate others who think that it is a necessity to be so.

Visit my Etsy site at: http://aeryckdesade.etsy.com

http://aeryckdesade.com

Saturday, December 17, 2011

For Posterity's Sake... ancestors


David Crockett Whitt had enlisted on March 22, 1862, in the Virginia Volunteer Infantry.  Shortly thereafter he had cut his foot and was sent home for a time, but was then labelled as a deserter due to his absence.  He returned and continued to serve until captured and sent to Point Lookout, MD, as a prisoner of war.  David Crockett Whitt arrived in prisoner of war camp Point Lookout, MD, April 14, 1865.  Private Whitt took the Oath of Allegiance to The United States on June 22, 1865, and was released to go home to Tazewell, Russell, County area Virginia.















**David Crockett Whitt was light complected, had brown hair, gray eyes and was 5feet 11 1/2 inches tall. David Crockett Whitt was born in Kentucky on Dec. 13, 1836, and died in Russell County, VA. Nov. 28, 1909

** taken from the genealogical notes supplied by my cousin, Colonel Charles Dahnmon Whitt, with whom I'm indebted and thankful for the copies of these above documents, as well. 

















No comments: