Upper Description

I'm a woodworker and a leather artist/crafter. Photography and astronomy are my passions.

I'm descended from the Shawnee Chief Cornstalk who was killed in 1777.

I am also of Scots-Irish descent and VERY proud of my heritage and my culture. I do not apologize for my culture, nor am I "politically correct", and do not tolerate others who think that it is a necessity to be so.

Visit my Etsy site at: http://aeryckdesade.etsy.com

http://aeryckdesade.com

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Quaker wisdom

This wonderful quote, from a book called The Spirit of the Quakers has really caught my attention lately.

"Speech tends to divide, people cling to words rather than to their meaning. Words give rise to religions, to churches which break up the great family of simple souls, for whom loving worship should be enough, into rival sovereign fragments.


"Words split apart, Silence unites. Words scatter, Silence gathers together. Words stir up, Silence brings peace. Words engender denial, Silence invites even the denier to find fresh hope in the confident expectation of a mystery which can be accomplished within."
--Pierre Lacout, 1969




No comments: