Upper Description

I'm a woodworker and a leather artist/crafter. Photography and astronomy are my passions.

I'm descended from the Shawnee Chief Cornstalk who was killed in 1777.

I am also of Scots-Irish descent and VERY proud of my heritage and my culture. I do not apologize for my culture, nor am I "politically correct", and do not tolerate others who think that it is a necessity to be so.

Visit my Etsy site at: http://aeryckdesade.etsy.com

http://aeryckdesade.com

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Bird rescue today

I went outside a little while ago and there was a Wood Thrush running around outside my door on the ground. That in itself is not too unusual, but this one didn't fly away after I got within a foot of it, so I walked up to it and (after it running around for a minute) picked it up.

It is a young adult, but fearing that the dogs may decide it was their toy, or that it may have a broken wing, I decided to get it and help it out for a while.

We have many songbirds that nest on our property ranging from several varieties of woodpecker and cardinals, to wrens and many other animals besides birds. And seeing as how I was practically raised in a zoo (my mom has always raised exotics animals and rescues ranging from lions and cougars to monkeys and coatimundies) I have a natural affection for all things wild.

So I shall help it out until it's back to health and then let it go again and hopefully all will be well.

2 comments:

Mr. Tangent said...

Did you finally release the bird and did it make it?

I hope so.

Secondly, what doubts I had about you being gay were completely erased upon learning you're in to sewing and so on.

I keed, I keed. Nothing wrong with sewing I guess... for gay people! I joke! :P

aeryckdesade said...

Unfortunately, the bird died within almost 24 hours. I suspect sever neurological damage or west nile virus, perhaps. We do have the latter in the area and all.