Upper Description

I'm a woodworker and a leather artist/crafter. Photography and astronomy are my passions.

I'm descended from the Shawnee Chief Cornstalk who was killed in 1777.

I am also of Scots-Irish descent and VERY proud of my heritage and my culture. I do not apologize for my culture, nor am I "politically correct", and do not tolerate others who think that it is a necessity to be so.

Visit my Etsy site at: http://aeryckdesade.etsy.com

http://aeryckdesade.com

Sunday, August 19, 2007

a few of my drop spindles

Here are a couple of pics of my homemade drop spindles that I use for spinning wool.

In the first picture is my most used drop spindle, which is also reversible so that it can be used as either a top whirl or a bottom whirl. The whorl itself is square, so that it is notchless and spins nicely either for fine or bulky weights. It is a rather heavy spindle compared to some others that I've used, but the weight seems to help stabilize the spin a lot as well as spin for longer periods so that I get long single in a single spin.

The second pic is a few of the others that I use that are lighter (the reversible spindle is in this pic as well). Also are a few balls of wool that I spun with these, both single, plied, dyed, and natural wool. As of now the wood on them are unfinished, but that may change.

Again, sorry for the poor picture quality. Any questions, feel free to send me a message or to share your thoughts.


No comments: