Upper Description

I'm a woodworker and a leather artist/crafter. Photography and astronomy are my passions.

I'm descended from the Shawnee Chief Cornstalk who was killed in 1777.

I am also of Scots-Irish descent and VERY proud of my heritage and my culture. I do not apologize for my culture, nor am I "politically correct", and do not tolerate others who think that it is a necessity to be so.

Visit my Etsy site at: http://aeryckdesade.etsy.com

http://aeryckdesade.com

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Spindle Obsession

I'll get the pics up soon, but I just finished (all except for the wood finishing) putting together my Puschca style drop spindle.  This is the spindle type that is used in Peru and can be seen on this YouTube video below, which was filmed in the Village of Quenqo, 45 km outside of Cusco, Peru.



It does not appear that they have a hook attached at the end, but I will, nevertheless, add one to mine, as it seems to help a bit with these heavier bottom whorl spindles that I'm so fond of.

I usually use a heavier bottome whorl, and have not problem getting either fine or bulky handspun from it.

No comments: